By InduMar Systems, LP
High Pressure Leak Sealant Technology
- Stop It HP™ is a leak sealant product designed for applications with working pressures up to 2000 psi.
- The introduction of StopIt HP™ allows leak-sealing procedures to be extended to significantly higher pressures than with the original StopIt® formulation or other competing products. Laboratory testing has demonstrated an excellent degree of reproducibility as well as a significant margin of safety with respect to the upper pressure limit.
- Stop It HP™ application entails mixing of a pre-measured two-part sealant, wetting of a fibrous reinforcement tape, and wrapping of the tape on to the pipe surface. Applications can be made regardless of pipe orientation and result in a durable coating approximately 5 mm in thickness with superior pressure sealing capabilities.
- Stop It HP™ surface preparation consists of removing any loose scale and any lubricants or greases. The system should be relieved of all pressure until the product is fully applied and cured. Application surfaces should be dried prior to application and warmed if the pipe surface is less than 50° F or cooled if greater than 100° F
- Stop It HP™ is a multi-component system and as such requires assembly. Following preparation of the area to be treated, the mixing of the sealant requires only seconds and may be immediately applied to the reinforcement tape. The wetted tape possesses a working time of approximately 8-10 minutes. The exact application time will depend on the specific conditions under which StopIt HP™ is being applied.
- Stop It HP™ will exhibit maximum pressure performance when allowed to cure as a complete application for a time period of 24 hours. Operations may be resumed in as little as 4 hours following the completed application, however with less certainty of highest attainable performance. Laboratory testing reflected failure pressures in excess of 5000 psi for more than 90% of samples tested. Test samples entailed 4 plies of the reinforcement tape/sealant composite being applied over 1/8" holes. Applications under field conditions are anticipated to yield variable results due to the nature of the leak site and surface preparation.
SKU HP120 : Standard kit for pipe leak repairs to 4” pipe Contents include: Felt, Kevlar® Tape, 1 cartridge HP Resin, 2 static mixers and gloves
Custom sizes on request
SKU 140 Optional Dual Cartridge Applicator Gun
Annealing kit – optional
Kevlar® is a registered trademark of Dupont.