Leak Sealing Products
Stop It® Flat Patch
For localized repairs or where full pipe wraps are impractical
STOP IT® Flat Patch is a leak sealant product designed for applications where localized repair is needed or full pipe wraps are impractical. The carbon fiber composite repair system quickly restores operations for storage tanks, floating lids, vessels and large-diameter pipes operating at pressures up to 1,000 psi, and provides localized corrosion inhibition.
- STOP IT® Flat Patch surface preparation consists of removing any loose scale and lubricants or greases. The surface should be relieved of all pressure until the product is fully applied and cured. Application surfaces should be dried prior to application and warmed if the pipe surface is less than 50°F or cooled if greater than 100°F.
- Application entails mixing a pre-measured two-part sealant, wetting felt and fibrous reinforcement tape, and applying the fabrics onto the surface. Applications can be made regardless of surface orientation and result in a durable coating with superior pressure-sealing capabilities.
- Sealant mixing takes seconds and can be immediately applied to the reinforcement tape. The wetted tape possesses a working time of approximately 8-10 minutes. The exact application time will depend on the specific conditions under which STOP IT® FP is being applied.
Shelf Life: Six months from date of purchase when stored at 40° to 83°F (5° to 28°C)
Color: Component 1 – clear Component 2 – straw
Pot Life: 8 minutes @ 72°F (22°C), after mixing for films less than ½” thick
Glass Transition Temperature: 165°F (74°C), cured and annealed
Cure Time: ~4 hours @ 72°F (22°C) at 1/8” film thickness
Sealant Viscosity: Gel-like before cure
Reinforcement Fibers: 3K Multifilament Continuous Tow
Tensile Strength: 510-635 KSI
Tensile Modulus: 33.0-34.9 MSI
Pressure Limitation: Recommended for pressures up to 1,000 psi (70 kg/cm2, 69 bar)
Maximum Operating Temperature: 165°F (74°C) when cured and annealed
Inorganic Acids = Excellent
Chlorinated Solvents = Good
Bases = Excellent
Organics (except some acids) = Excellent
- Dual component resin cartridge
- Static mixer
- Reinforcement carbon fiber and repair fabrics
- PVC film
- Protective gloves
- Cleanup supplies
- Detailed application instructions
|Part No||Description||Case Quantity||Case WT
|FP 120-4||Flat Patch, 4″ x 4″ (2 repairs)||1||3|
|FP 120-6||Flat Patch, 6″ x 6″ (1 repair)||1||3|
|STOP IT® Flat Patch – Dispenser Gun Sold Separately|
|DG200M||Dispenser Gun – Dual Component, Manual, 200 mL||1||1|
Stop It® Flat Patch is recommended for pressure sealing applications involving most categories of chemicals and hydrocarbons. Extended chemical resistance data is available upon request. End users are encouraged to verify specific resistance before application.